Thursday, March 6, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Monday, February 24, 2014
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Friday, February 21, 2014
580, Shubhakar, 44th cross, 1st A main road, Jayanagar, 7th block, Bangalore.
1. Ms. Saraswati - 99009 06338
2. Mr. Shivkumar - 99866 30301
3. Ms. Bindu - 99645 34667
- Total Annual Household Income less than INR 1, 50,000/-
- 10th Class marks of 75% and above or with a CET rank of less than 7,500 for engineering/medical students.
Needy students who meet the above criteria can apply for financial assistance by clicking on the following link:
Thursday, February 20, 2014
National Training policy (NTP)- 2012 stipulates that each Government Department/Ministry should classify all posts with a clear job description and competencies required in order to move from the current system of rule-based Personnel Administration to Competency-based system of Strategic Human Resource Management' The objective of moving towards a competency-based approach is to ensure that each job is performed by the person who has the required competencies for that job.
"Empathy is about understanding thoughts, feelings and concerns of others, even when not made explicit." The document is developed as part of the DoPT's aim to transform the current administrative system based on rules and seniority to a competency-based structure. According to the DoPT, all ministries, departments and training institutions should utilise the document for capacity development of civil servants to ensure each job is performed with a required competency.
The Competency Dictionary is divided into four main attributes - Ethos, Ethics, Equity and Efficiency. It tells officials to acknowledge lack of information instead of bluffing, publicly credit those who have performed well, and communicate the "big picture" effectively to clarify complex situations.
Explaining "self-control", it says the bureaucrat is supposed to identify his "emotional hot-buttons" so that he out-maneuvers situations that cause emotional responses.
It expects the skill to operate successfully in a variety of political environments and wants the bureaucrat to be well-versed with politics of the day, including hidden agendas in today's coalition politics and knowing who the real master is.
Note : Aspirants of Civil Service Mains exam can also read this document as a part of their preparation for exam.
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
. Don’t have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
. Don’t overdo; keep your limits
. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does
. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip
. Dream more while you are awake
. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of his/ her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present
.No one is in charge of your happiness except you
. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
. Smile and laugh more
. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
. Call your family often
. Each day give something good to others
. Forgive everyone for everything
. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
. Try to make at least three people smile each day
. What other people think of you is none of your business
. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
. GOD heals everything
. Do the right things
. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
. The best is yet to come
. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it
. If you know GOD, you will always be happy. So, be happy.
Thursday, February 13, 2014
This is a compilation of random facts about India.
1. Navi (new) Mumbai, a planned satellite township of Mumbai, was
developed in 1972 and is the largest planned township on the planet.
2. In 2004, 200 women took law in their own hands and came to the
court armed with vegetable knives and chilli powder and murdered on
the court floor,a serial rapist. Then every woman claimed responsibility for the murder.
3. Nearly 10,000 crore of rupees were spent and 800 soldiers died in
the war mobilization effort after the parliament attack. Reportedly,
over 100 children died and many farmers lost their livelihoods due to
heavy mining in the border areas.
4. War of 27 years fought between the Maratha Empire and the Mughal
Empire from 1681 to 1707, was the longest recorded military engagement
in the history of India.
5. In 1955, Jawaharlal Nehru rejected an offer to India for a
permanent UN Security Council seat to avoid being embroiled in the
cold war politics.
6. Viswanathan Anand is first player in chess history to have won the
World Championship in three different formats: knockout, tournament,
7. India is one of only 3 remaining countries in the world to have a
horsed cavalry regiment.
8. Agni III is the most accurate missile in the world in its range
category and BrahMos is the fastest operational cruise missile in the
9. The process of crystallization of sugar from sugarcane juice was
discovered in India in the Gupta period (350 AD).
10. Many tribes in India worship Asura and Ravan and consider Vijaya
Dashami and Dussehra to be black days.
11. In 1928, when the Indian Hockey team was on its way to Amsterdam,
they played a series of exhibition matches in England. Seeing its
calibre, England decided not to field a team for the Olympics
as “they did not want to lose to a slave country.”
12. Lonar Lake, a saltwater lake in Maharashtra, was created by
ameteor hitting the Earth and is one of its kind in India.
13. Raj Kapoor’s 1951 film Awaara was massively popular in Soviet
Russia and China. The film and its title song were Mao Zedong’s
(Founder of People’s Republic of China) favorite.
14. There were two US navy warships called USS Krishna and USS Indra
that served during World War II.
15. Unlike in the movie Border, only 2 Indians died in battle of Longewala.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Longewala)
16. English Actor, Sir Ben Kingsley’s birth name is Krishna Pandit
Bhanji and he is of Gujarati descent.
17. Freddie Mercury, British musician, was actually of Gujarati descent.
18. “John Doe” orders (restraint orders against unknown persons for
breach of plaintiff’s rights) are called “Ashok Kumar” orders in
India. Likewise, “unclaimed” or “unidentified” dead body found in a
public place is called is Ashok Kumar.
19. The oldest building in Asia is in India, the Sanchi Stupa.
20. Bal Thackeray’s father changed his family name from Thakre to
Thackeray after the British writer William Makepeace Thackeray.
21. There is a species of Shark known as the Ganges Shark that
inhabits River Ganga and it is critically endangered
22. The first railroad was constructed by two Indians: Jamsetjee
Jeejeebhoy and Jaganath Shunkerseth) and not the British.
23. Tamil is an OVS (object-verb-subject) language, a characteristic
it shares with Klingon (a fictional language spoken by a race in Start
24. Mount Kailash has never been climbed, in spite of
Chinese government’s support to the climbers.
25. Security at Tihar jail is managed by Tamil Nadu special police force.( http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-12-21/delhi/28106529_1_tihar-jail-tn-cops-tihar-prison)
26. When going to battle Indian kings would make their horses wear trunks.
The other side’s elephants would refuse to attack the horses thinking
that the horses were baby elephants.
27. If Uttar Pradesh were to be a separate country, it would be
world’s fifth most populous country.
28. There are more poor people in 8 Indian states alone than in the 26
poorest African countries
29. Bodhidharma, a prince of the Pallava Dynasty, went to China and
began the physical training of the Shaolin monks that led to the
creation of Kung Fu.
30. A sugar company in Andhra provides rocket fuel to ISRO.(Andhra Sugars has a 20-year contract with ISRO for the supply of propellants. ... Liquid hydrogen is known as rocket fuel)
31. Tipu Sultan used Rockets with Swords fixed in the front against
the British in the Anglo-Mysore Wars.
32. There is a French electronic band named “Masala Dosa.”
33. Did you know India has a National Ice Hockey Team?
34. Govt hiked the payment for the hangman from Rs 10 to 5,000 just
days before for Kasab hanging.
35. Ajmal Amir Kasab had a case booked for entering CST station
without a ticket.
36. Australia’s Cricketer, Stuart Clark, is of Indian origin. Both his
parents, Bruce Clark and Mary Clark, are Anglo-Indians.
37. A city named Jhumri Telaiya actually exists in Jharkhand.
38. There was a Great Hedge built by the British across India
primarily to collect the salt tax. It was 4000 km long and 12 feet in
height spanning from Punjab to Orissa. None of it remains today.
39. Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappalli from Big Bang Theory) is
married to a former Miss India, Neha Kapur.
40. There is a village called Delhi in New york, USA.
There is a city called Madras in Oregon, USA.
41. India has three antarctic stations, Dakshin Gangotri, Maitri and Bharathi.
42. After United States, India has the largest number of English speakers.
43. During the battle of Rezang La in the 1962 India-Sino war a
battalion called 13 Kumaon Regiment consisting of mere 120 soldiers,
held off 6000 Chinese with heavy artillery killing 1300 of their soldiers.
44. Bangalored is a word in Oxford dictionary, which came up after
heavy outsourcing to India took the world by storm.
45. One of the oldest College of Engineering in the world is in
Chennai, College of Engineering (Guindy).
46. There is a village in Assam called Jatinga where ,over the last
100 years, thousands of birds have flown to their death over a small
strip of land.
48. The average cost of census taking in India is $0.5 per person
(US: $39, World Average: $4.6).
49. Frozen bank accounts of Ottavio Quattrocchi were unexpectedly
released by India’s law ministry in 2006, apparently without the
consent of the CBI which had asked for them to be frozen.
50. India Post allows you to order personalized stamps with your
picture on them.
"She (India) has left indelible imprints on one fourth of the human
race in the course of a long succession of centuries. She has the
right to reclaim ... her place amongst the great nations summarizing
and symbolizing the spirit of humanity. From Persia to the Chinese
sea, from the icy regions of Siberia to Islands of Java and Borneo,
India has propagated her beliefs, her tales, and her civilization!"
(Sylvia Levi - French Scholar)
Aano Bhadra Krtavo Yantu Vishwatah.(RIG VEDAM)
"Let Noble Thoughts Come To Me From All Directions"